But I did make it into the video feed from the Prague TechCrunch event. There’s about a half-minute pseudo pitch in here. Lessoned learned from watching it back?Â Loosen up. Â Get to the point faster. Â Like in 10 seconds. Â (Isn’t showing up in syndicated version, click through to the full post.)
Archive for May 2008
We’re coming very close to having a beta to launch. Â The interesting parts are good to go, but we still need to:
- Clean up the (visual) design
- Fix a couple of rendering errors on complex pages
- Get the non-demo parts of the website in place — specifically info on what we’re doing and how pilot customers can get up and running
- Tune the caching code so that it can handle a usage spike on launch
There’s still intentionally little information on the home page, and that will probably remain that way until we’re ready to go for a public beta.
However, I’ve been talking to more and more people face to face and showing off the current prototype (most recently at the two events that I just returned from in Prague), so in the next couple of days we’re going to start a private beta for folks that want to start exploring while we knock out the stuff above. Â We’ll accept a limited number of requests. Â Send us a mailÂ or wait for the registration form to show up on the home page later this week if you’re interested in getting to the goodies a couple weeks ahead of the crowd.
Want to hear more about Directed Edge? I’ll be at the following upcoming events:
- Ubuntu Developer Sprint, May 22-23, Prague
- TechCrunch Meetup, May 23, Prague
- LinuxTag, May 28-31, Berlin
- Business & Beer, May 28, Berlin
- TechCrunch Meetup, June 9Â (date keeps changing), Berlin