This will still definitely be in flux, but I started getting parts of the REST API up if folks want to play with it. Â Warning: Â the format may change.
You can now hit something like:
And get back:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <directededge version="0.1"> <item id="KDE"> <link>GNOME</link> <link>Unix-like</link> <link>Desktop environment</link> <link>Konqueror</link> <link>Qt (toolkit)</link> <link>KDE 4</link> <link>GNU Lesser General Public License</link> <link>X Window System</link> <link>KPart</link> <link>Widget toolkit</link> </item> </directededge>
I’ll be adding support for JSON output and filtering based on tags in the next few days. Â Once I’ve got a set of features there that I consider feature complete I’ll freeze the “v1” so that people can create mashups based on that and be sure that the API will remain stable.
This doesÂ do capitalization correction, but does notÂ do redirect detection. Â I’m debating if I want to do that by default or use another REST path since it requires another couple DB queries and is as such a little slower.